Established in 1948, Holts Gems is an award winning highly renowned family run gemstone supplier and jewellery retailer, specialising in bespoke pieces, based in Hatton Garden. With a focus on sharing knowledge and expertise and creating the highest levels of craftsmanship, we prioritise giving the best customer care possible. Our high levels of quality and breadth of knowledge are achieved thanks to our experienced in–house team of fully trained gemmologists, designers and lapidaries.
Want to share your passion for gemstones?
We are always interested in people who have a real passion and love for gemstones, jewellery and lapidary work. If you would love to be part of the Holts Gems team then please send your CV with a covering note to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop a hard copy to the store; 98 Hatton Garden, EC1N 8NX.
Thinking of becoming an apprentice?
We always employ apprentices. We have a lapidary apprentice at the moment and we are now looking for a talented person to join the shop floor team. If you're interested in a gem and jewellery apprenticeship with Holts then please do contact us. See our Current Vacancies section below for further details.
Are you looking for some gemstone experience?
We are sometimes able to accommodate internships either on the shop floor (sales, understanding gemstones and jewellery, design), in the back office (marketing, gemstone and jewellery stock or admin) or in our working lapidary (gemstone cutting, faceting and restoration work). If you are just starting out and would like to gain an invaluable insight into the jewellery and gemstone industry then please send your CV with a covering note to email@example.com or drop a hard copy to the store; 98 Hatton Garden, EC1N 8NX.
We have an incredibly talented team here at Holts Gems but we are always happy to expand our working family and to support anyone with a passion for all things gemstone and jewellery-related.
Gem and Jewellery Retail Apprentice
- Dropping off and picking up jewellery items and gemstones from Goldsmiths/suppliers/the assay office (based locally)
- Answering the phone and dealing with customer/trade enquiries, various admin tasks
- Assist with the smooth running of the shop by supporting the shop floor team
- Helping serve customers/trade on the shop floor with guidance from the team
- Support for our lapidary, may also include some social media assistance
- Good communication skills
- Be interested in the jewellery/gemstone/luxury industry
- Effectively communicate and work with the wider Holts Gems team
- Computer literate: Microsoft packages – email, word, excel
- Basic knowledge of or a keen interest in gemstones
- Basic maths and good English language skills (written and spoken)
Days and Hours of Work
The role will be full time 9:30am – 5.30pm with day release to college and may involve working some Saturdays, by prior agreement
As per current legislated apprenticeship rates. For the right candidate the apprenticeship could lead to a full time paid position.
Please send a CV and covering letter explaining why you are looking for an apprenticeship and why Holts Gems to firstname.lastname@example.org .