Holts Guarantee of Quality
When buying jewellery and gemstones we recognise the importance of being able to reassure our customers about the quality of those items. An increasing number of gemstones and diamonds have been artificially enhanced or synthesised in a laboratory. Whilst some processes are legitimate, any enhancement or treatment should be disclosed to the customer at the point of sale.
Holts Gems Guarantee
Holts Gems have been buying and selling gemstones for over 70 years.
- We have a team of qualified gemmologists on-hand to examine and inspect every gemstone. Each team member is either qualified by the Gemmological Association of Great Britain or the Gemmological Institute of America.
- We have our own in-house, fully equipped gemmological laboratory that our gemmologists use to undertake all tests required. We do also have associated laboratories to undertake further tests if required.
- Each piece is examined under magnification and where necessary has undergone more rigurous testing in our in-house laboratory.
This means that every gemstone supplied (loose or in an item of jewellery) has undergone a strict process of inspection and testing. We confidently put our name and reputation on everything we supply, knowing that we have taken meticulous care with the process of testing. Our 70 years reputation is underpinned by you being able to trust Holts Gems level of care taken and the duty to their customers.
Where requested by you, we can also supply the following:
Test Certificate for your Gemstone
This includes information such as:
- The identity of the gemstone
- Is it natural or synthetic
- Has the gemstone been filled/heat treated/dyed
- The technical specification of the gemstone (dimensions, cut, clarity and colour), weight, condition, method of manufacture (if a jewellery item), size, valuation amount (based on current market value to re-make)
Jewellery Insurance Valuation Certificate
We can provide a fully detailed report of your jewellery (full specifications listed) so should you need to replace something or have it re-made you have the confidence that you have all you need in the one document.
Our vast experience guarantees to you that our staff can advise you on almost any gemstone or rough gemstone/mineral material from the most recognised stones through to the more rare/unusual.
Our craftsmen and women take great pride in their work and are highly skilled at what they do. You will only receive your jewellery once it has been fully approved by our team of gemmologists.
We are members of:
- the NAJ (National Association of Jewellers)
- GEM-A (the Gemmological Association of Great Britain)
We will not try to sell you something just because we stock it. Holts Gems is a knowledge resource and we will help you find/source what you want, within your budget.
Our customer service is second to none. We will always go above and beyond to help you if we can.
We take every care to depict our jewellery and gemstones as accurately as possible through imagery online, however colour will vary per device and screen resolution.
Images may also appear smaller or larger than their actual size in order for you to see the entire product or to see the item in better detail.
We optimise our photography for apple devices as standard.